[OS X TeX] LaTeX within a webpage or: typesetting in Wordpress and PHP

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Fri Dec 17 18:16:53 CET 2004

In case we have any bloggers around (I know that at least Kai is around
sometimes, but he uses MT) that would like to have LaTeX available on
their website I thought I'd share the following:

Using LaTeX in Wordpress[1] is a site that shows you how to typeset
equations from within a wordpress weblog. There is a TeX converter[2]
that allows you to use LaTeX code in pretty much every PHP-driven
website. The bad news is, you need ImageMagick and LaTeX installed on
your hosting machine.

I haven't had a chance to take a closer look at mimetex[3], which
supposedly works without a full blown LaTeX install on your server, if
anyone does have experience with that please share your impression :-)

Stephan

[1] http://sixthform.info/steve/wordpress/
[2] http://www.mayer.dial.pipex.com/tex.htm#latexrender
[3] http://www.forkosh.com/mimetex.html