[OS X TeX] BibDesk 0.97.1 released

Adam R.Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Dec 17 07:16:58 CET 2004

BibDesk 0.97.1 is available from http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/.  This
is intended to be a bugfix release, and we thank those of you who
submitted crash reports (and if you tell us what you did just before
the program crashed, the reports are even more helpful).  We fixed a
bad crasher from 0.97, and hopefully BibDesk will run under Jaguar
again (although it hasn't been tested).

We had some bug reports on autocompletion, so much of the the plugin
has been rewritten, hopefully without introducing new bugs.  This will
require a reinstall of the plugin from BibDesk's autocompletion
preferences.  Curt Clifton, an intrepid user of BBEdit and BibDesk,
wrote an AppleScript to enable a similar completion feature in BBEdit;
his script can be found at
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton/software.shtml.

Note that numerous AppleScripts are available from the BibDesk wiki at
http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/AppleScript, as well, and
these can be used to populate the new script menu.  Please add a link
to your own BibDesk-related AppleScripts!  I've seen some good ones
posted on the bibdesk-users mailing list, but they're now buried in the
list archives.

Release notes for this build follow:

   •  Fixed the top reported crasher (canceling a file load with invalid
characters)
   •  Rewrote the code for the action menu/popup
   •  Menu validation for generateCiteKey:
   •  Tooltips/snoop drawer should reflect state more accurately
   •  The script menu should behave better (#1083762)
   •  Should be able to launch on Jaguar again (#1083915)
   •  Some additions to CharacterConversion.plist (Arabic courtesy of
Musa Furber)
   •  Updated online help to be more specific about autocomplete
keybinding, added a BBEdit note
   •  Number of pubs display is updated after loading (#1084786)
   •  AppleScript can create new publications (#1084943)
   •  Can generate cite keys from AppleScript now
   •  Month in date only read Dec. (#1085332)
   •  Sort order was undefined for pubs without a year
   •  Autocompletion code rewritten to fix #1085368 (Citekey
autocompletion doesn't stop after cite) and #1085614 (Autocomplete for
\mycite{})
   •  We now show a warning if you try to undo past the last save
   •  Make shortcut Cmd-K for Generate Cite Key
   •  Change casing for shortcut of cite key completion in Services to
get Shift-Cmd-K
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>