[OS X TeX] CLI pdflatex

Google Kreme gkreme at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 23:22:31 CET 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:15:40 +0100, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
> On 16 Dec 2004, at 19:02, Google Kreme wrote:
> > when trying to run pdf latex from the command line, I am getting:
> >
> > fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
> > I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

> There seems to be at least a second install on your system in
> /usr/local/local/teTeX Should not matter btw.

Yeah, I messed up when copying /usr/local. removed now.

> > /usr/local/teTeX/man/man5/fmtutil.cnf.5
> > /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
> > /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
> >
> > confused...
>
> We need more to find out what is wrong on your system. For instance,
> there can be environment variables messing things up. The

TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
TERM=xterm-color
SHELL=/bin/bash
TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=100.1.4
OLDPWD=/Users/syth
USER=syth
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0
MAIL=.mail/
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin/:/home/kreme/bin
PWD=/Users/kreme/Desktop/TeX Files
SHLVL=1
HOME=/Users/syth
LOGNAME=syth
SECURITYSESSIONID=20f140
_=/usr/bin/env

--
 ::::::===   <http://2blog.kreme.com>  ===::::::
 :: Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for  ::