[OS X TeX] mfpic error, bad installation

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Dec 13 21:52:32 CET 2004

On 13 Dec 2004, at 18:16, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> I first uninstalled only the Foundation; during the install
> i-installer complained about an unrecognized layout, but I told it to
> finish. Installation went fine according to i-Installer, but the
> problem persisted. Unstalling everything and reinstalling (without
> complaints) didn't solve the problem either.
>
> I assume that the mpost binary is too new. It is dated from Nov. 5,
> 2004, and it is the same before and after un-/reinstall.

No, this is not the problem. The mpost binary was compiled on 5 Nov
2004, but from the sources of TL2003.

I have been installing TL2003 on top of TL2004 here and vice versa and
haven't seen anything go wrong. I would like to see (off list, send it
to me directly)
- The complete log of your run that goes wrong
- A test file with the command to execute it that goes wrong

It is perfectly possible that something is wrong with the distro (the
dual TL2003-TL2004 setup is hideously complex and chances are there are
still some small areas with troubles), but so far I have not enough
information to find out what is going wrong on your system.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>