[OS X TeX] BBEdit & LaTeX

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Sun Dec 12 19:53:15 CET 2004

Herb,

On Dec 12, 2004, at 10:23 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:

> Hmmm... I've got the extensive LaTeX Glossary and have even added some
> custom things to it. However, the only way to use it seems to be to
> either
> click on the glossary item in the list or to assign a keyboard
> shortcut to
> it. The old Nisus Writer had a neat feature which allowed
> multi-character
> keyboard shortcuts: e.g., you could assign a glossary item to Cmd-Eenu
> and
> it would execute the macro assigned to that key combination. As it is
> I'd
> run out of single key shortcuts and would never remember them all even
> if I
> could figure out a set.

I think the command Edit->Autocomplete Glossary Entry is what you are
looking for.  See the BBEdit manual for details, but essentially you
just type the first few characters of the glossary item's name and then
trigger the Autocomplete Glossary Entry command and it replaces the
characters you typed with the value of the glossary item.  I'm not sure
if Autocomplete Glossary Entry is assigned a hot-key by default, but
that's easily remedied with BBEdit->Set Menu Keys.

Cheers,

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>