[OS X TeX] mfpic error, bad installation

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Dec 12 18:33:18 CET 2004

After my temporary upgrade to TL2004, in which mfpic worked when some
settings were avoided,  I installed TL2003, because of a babel bug, and
now I mfpic doesn't work anymore, see the error message below: bad
installation. My personal texmf folder contains no reference to any
mfpic, metapost, etc. files.

Claus

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.5.2) (mem=mpost 2004.11.29)
12 DEC 2004 18:21
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
**brane2.mp
(brane2.mp
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/metapost/mfpic/grafbase.mp
MPpic version 0.6 beta, 2003/01/02
)
 >> GBmsg
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                    "Bad mfpic installation: mfpic and grafbase versions
do n...
l.10 ...mfpic and grafbase versions do not match."
                                                   ;
?
! Emergency stop.
<to be read again>
                    "Bad mfpic installation: mfpic and grafbase versions
do n...
l.10 ...mfpic and grafbase versions do not match."
                                                   ;
End of file on the terminal!

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>