[OS X TeX] BBEdit & LaTeX

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 12 17:23:08 CET 2004

On 12/12/04 10:06 AM, "Maarten Sneep" <maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 12 dec 2004, at 17:01, Herb Schulz wrote:
>
>> I've picked it (BBAutoComplete) up but haven't had a chance to use it.
>> My impression is that it first searches through the file you're editing
>> and then to other open files for the completion.
>
> Correct.
>
>> Is there a way to designate a `background' file
>> that has the completions?
>
> Press repeatedly. Is unobtrusive enough that it doesn't bother me.

Howdy,

Then I've got to have that file open when I start to edit. It would be
better if it automatically opened the designated file when needed.

>> Also, I like the ability to type abbreviations as well as completions:
>> e.g., typing benu at the start of a new line and pressing Esc expands
>> out to a complete enumerate environment with TeXShop and my completion
>> list.
>
> Sounds more like a Glossary item (and that glossary is pretty
> extensive).

Hmmm... I've got the extensive LaTeX Glossary and have even added some
custom things to it. However, the only way to use it seems to be to either
click on the glossary item in the list or to assign a keyboard shortcut to
it. The old Nisus Writer had a neat feature which allowed multi-character
keyboard shortcuts: e.g., you could assign a glossary item to Cmd-Eenu and
it would execute the macro assigned to that key combination. As it is I'd
run out of single key shortcuts and would never remember them all even if I
could figure out a set.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>