[OS X TeX] Textures for Mac OS X - wait for Tiger?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Dec 10 03:05:51 CET 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 6:06 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> On the other hand this seems to indicate that, last October, there was
> still activity going on on OS X Textures. Which, to be honest, I felt
> quite sceptical about at that point, being close to call Textures
> dead. So, when I first read this page, I thought it rather positive,
> an indication that Textures is indeed alive.
>
> It's a pity, of course, we can't have a look at Tiger Beta: I received
> the announcement of its availability (twice), but the need to get ADC
> Select Membership first makes it definitely too pricy ($500!) for
> something that would be just a hobby.
>
> Well, it seems about time to launch a new list: macosx-blueskyrumors
> (just kidding!).

The message dashed my hopes because I was hoping that the release might
be rather imminent, but upon reading that page, it put the release off
to some time well into 2005, which will mean that Blue Sky will have
been working on Textures for Mac OS X for more than 4 years (10.0 came
out in March 2001).

> BTW, you announcement recently about the "Emacs on OS X" list
> mentioned the subscription address
> <mailto:macosx-emacs-on at email.esm.psu.edu> but not the digest address
> <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-Emacs-Digests/>, which required
> a bit of googling to be found. (Not being a regular Emacs user for the
> moment, I was willing to first get an idea of the list traffic and
> level of technicity, before considering subscription.)

I announced the archive page to the Emacs list on December 4. :-)

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>