[OS X TeX] BBEdit - TeXniscope synchronization

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Tue Dec 7 05:34:36 CET 2004

Steven,

On Dec 6, 2004, at 9:58 PM, Steven Shaviro wrote:

> Rather than asking for help to debug all these problems, I am
> wondering if it is possible to just do something simpler: I'd be
> grateful for an applescript that would just update the pdf when I
> requested it (rather than continually), that would use pdfsync to move
> me to the approximately correct location in TeXniscope (without adding
> any special symbol as line marker, and hence without requiring the
> color package), and that would work with documents that are included
> in larger documents.

Google for Tom Kiffe BBEdit TeX.  He describes, in the ReadMe, how to
set up syncing using pdfsync, BBEdit Tools menu, and TeXniscope.  It
works great for me.  Tom's plug-ins include lots of functionality, but
you only need to install the ones you want.  (For example, I just use
pdflatex and so I omitted the dvi plug-ins.)

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>