[OS X TeX] Header Control on Float Pages?

Peter S. Burrage Peter.S.Burrage at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Dec 6 23:42:17 CET 2004

--- Piet van Oostrum wrote:
This is described in the fancyhdr documentation. Basically you use
\iffloatpage{value for float page}{value for other pages}
in the header or footer.
--- end of quote ---
Piet, thanks very much for the help, it worked perfectly. Clearly I should have read your fancyhdr docs more carefully! I had one other question regarding float
headers.  Is there a general way to reference the floating item number (in the vein
of \ref{foo}) in the float header so that for each float the table/figure
number shows up in the header?

More specifically, if my custom headers are as follows:

\lhead[\iffloatpage{}{\fancyplain{}{}}]		{\iffloatpage{}{\fancyplain{}{}}}
\rhead[\iffloatpage{}{\fancyplain{}{}}]		{\iffloatpage{\fancyplain{}{\leftmark \\ \ref{foo} }}{\fancyplain{}{\leftmark \\ \rightmark}}}
\cfoot[\fancyplain{\thepage}{\thepage}]	{\fancyplain{\thepage}{\thepage}}

(that might not be the cleanest way to do things as I am definitely still learning about custom headers but it gets the output I need.  Any advice on cleaning things up in there is much appreciated!)

is there a way to automate {\iffloatpage{\fancyplain{}{\leftmark \\ Table (*expression here*) }} to output the number of the table contained on the float page so that the right header looks like:

Materials and Methods (for example)
Table X.X
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>