complex search and replaces (was Re: [OS X TeX] Support for AppleScript please)

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Dec 6 19:55:29 CET 2004

William F. Adams wrote:

>Maybe it's heretical, but I've been using a Windows tool ``bkreplacem''
>for this sort of thing of late.
>
>Is there anything like to it (free!?!) for Mac OS X?

Don't know this tool, but you have options. If you want GUI, you could use an editor like Smultron (there may be other free GUI editors with multidoc search and replace with grep) or one of the GUI Emacs versions. There are also the various CLI tools.

I figured that somebody has put a simple GUI on grep and a quick check turned up these:

<http://www.geditcom.com/grepArtee/index.html>

<http://toddclements.com/software/greppie/>

Neither is free, but neither costs much

mark.