[OS X TeX] OmniOutliner 3 Beta Released.

Matthias Damm osxtex2 at macpla.net
Sun Dec 5 23:21:43 CET 2004

Am 05.12.2004 um 21:27 schrieb Stephan Hochhaus:

> Can you elaborate on that? Form what I've seen on the website the
> update appears to be rather pricey and most of the changes seem to be
> purely cosmetical on first glance. What's so great about it that I
> want to leave the OmniOutliner that already sits in my dock?

Many changes are "cosmetic" in a sense that the interface has been
redesigned completely. For me (I am using OO to write excerpts from
scientific texts) there are many small changes that have made the
workflow much easier: OO3 has a quite clever system of styles for the
different text levels and something like "structural markup", wich make
it quite easy to create nice systematic outlines.
The interface now is very logical, but it may not be very
self-explanatory (at least I needed some time to understand it ...).

There are also big improvements for attachments, but I am not using
these.
And, OO3 has become much more responsive.

Many of these improvements are things which should have been in OO2
already, and I am not sure if the update is worth the heavy price, but
for me OO3 is a really valuable tool.

But why don't you just have a look at the public beta (only for the
"non-professional" version now, but IIRC there will be a public beta of
the full product as well soon)?

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macplanet.macbay.de/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>