[OS X TeX] TeX output into Word documents?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Dec 5 18:54:54 CET 2004

On Dec 5, 2004, at 09:02, david craig wrote:

>> latex2rtf might be an option, though it can handle only simple tex
>> code.
>
> No can do -- need equations.

LaTeX2RTF handles math reasonably well, and converts equations to
Word-editable equations.  You can also tell it to convert your
equations to high-res PNG images.

> The bottom line is that no matter how much I fiddle with settings,
> neither pdf nor eps seems to be a viable option for including in Word
> if I want it to both look good on screen, and print and print to pdf
> well. If anyone knows different, I'd welcome the secret.

You want a vector PICT, or else a Windoze-generated EMF; forget about
it (although I've heard that Keynote will give you the former when it
exports to PowerPoint).  There have been numerous discussions on the
OmniGraffle users mailing list about getting PDF graphics to look good
in Word in print and on-screen, and the only solution presented at the
moment is a) use a high-res bitmap or b) embed a high-res bitmap in an
EPS.  It's a shame that Microsoft won't add Quartz graphics support to
their bloatware Office suite.

--
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>