[OS X TeX] envelopes and mutlple letters

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 5 16:28:48 CET 2004

On 5 dec 2004, at 14:20, Google Kreme wrote:

> I could write a short PHP to take the initial tex file, add the
> appropriate info to each, and then save a new .tex file, one per
> letter.  This seems rather inefficient however, and could be down
> right unwieldy if I had, for example, 300 or 3000 letters to process.

The standard letter class allows for multiple letters in a single file.

> It seems that a single document containing all the letters would be
> better, yes?  Before I roll-my-own, is there something already out
> there?

Yes, this is what the standard letter class does, and I believe the
KOMA and NTG letter classes as well. I'll send you an example off-list,
I did exactly the same thing a while ago.

> I would also, of course, like to print envelopes.  It looks like
> envelope support is limited to envelopes with windows.  Since I am
> working on a Holiday letter, windowed envelopes are not appropriate.

Would peel-off labels (Avery 3424, 105 by 48 mm) be OK? That is also
in the standard classes. Creating the pages to print on an envelope
is a bit harder (and I don't have an example ready for use.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>