[OS X TeX] dayroman font doesn't work on my computer

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Dec 5 01:53:06 CET 2004

Le 5 déc. 04, à 00:49, Patrick a écrit :

> Then, as indicated on the <readme> file, I created a <config.ps> in
> which I wrote the instruction <p +dayroman.map> and I put in
> /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/dvips/config directory,
> and a <pdftex.cfg> file containing the line <map +dayroman.map> that I
> put in /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/pdftext/config directory.

Don't do this. Simply delete these custom files config.ps and
pdftex.cfg and then run, in Terminal:

	sudo updmap --enable Map dayroman.map

This will update all the necessary config files for dvips, pdftex and
dvipdfm, inside the directory
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/, in such a way that will
survive future gwTeX reinstalls, modifications, etc.

Creating custom config.ps and pdftex.cfg inside ~/Library/texmf/ would
take precedence over those maintained by the various scripts inside
gwTeX. In particular, the various configurations run by the Configure
stage of the TeX i-Package would no longer work as expected, or work
but be ignored (since your custom config.ps and pdftex.cfg would be
used during TeX runs, instead of those maintained by the Configure
stage).

The readme file included with the fonts applies to TeX as shipped in
TeXLive, I think, but not to teTeX which is used as the basis for gwTeX
(Gerben Wierda's install of TeX for OS X).

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>