[OS X TeX] highlight color in TeXShop

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Sat Dec 4 23:51:21 CET 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 3:25 PM, Josep M.Font wrote:

>> In the Find panel of Texshop I get to choose the highlight color but
>> this does not seem to work. When texshop finds the text it is
>> highlighted in grey, which is neither the color I entered in the Find
>> panel, nor the the highlight color specified in the System
>> Preferences under Appearance.
>
> The same happens to me! And it is a light grey and it's rather
> difficult to see.

My understanding is that this is an OS issue.  If you switch focus from
the Find window to the source document window, then the highlighting
color will be correct.  Unfortunately (in this case, anyway), the OS
changes highlights in non-focused windows to the default light grey.
Try searching the archives for "texshop highlight"; I think this was
discussed before.

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>