[OS X TeX] BibDesk import (was Endnote 8)

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Dec 2 06:04:05 CET 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 19:16, Gary L. Gray wrote:

>> isi2xml file.isi | xml2bib works correctly.
>
> You are right. I also emailed the author and he has corrected his
> isi2xml utility so that it works without having to modify anything in
> the ISI formatted file. He should be posting the new version soon.

That's good news.  A further note on BibDesk:  you can use its "Open
Using Filter..." menu item to import files from Web of Science directly
into BibDesk using isi2xml or other shell commands.

You'll get a standard open panel with a text field labeled "Filter
Shell Command" near the bottom; in the text field, enter
'/usr/local/bin/isi2xml | /usr/local/bin/xml2bib' (no quotes, and
substitute /usr/local/bin/* for the paths on your system).  Select your
isi file, and click the "Open" button.

I'm copying the bibdesk-users mailing list on this, since this feature
is apparently undocumented, although it's been part of the program for
years.

hth,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>