[OS X TeX] Endnote 8

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Dec 2 02:53:58 CET 2004

Hi Gary,

On Wednesday, December 01, 2004, at 12:42PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

>On Dec 1, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> On 1 dec 2004, at 20:59, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>>
>>> I took a look at BibDesk this afternoon (I haven't looked at it for
>>> quite some time) and it is very nice app. Unfortunately for me, there
>>> is one problem ... how do I get it to import references I obtain from
>>> Web of Science? I use Web of Science A LOT and, as you might expect,
>>> EndNote does this (almost) perfectly.

If I get time, I'll add Web of Science import to BibDesk, but don't look for it anytime soon; it's different enough from RIS to warrant a new parser.  I'd be happy to help anyone who wanted to add a parser for it to BibDesk

>(1) ./isi2xml ISIformat.txt > pippo.xml
>
>(2) ./xml2bib pippo.xml > pippo.bib
>
>Unfortunately, the .xml file is not properly getting the author names
>and so the .bib file does not have the "and" between the names. For
>example, the ISI authors look like:
>
>AU Costanzo, F
>    Gray, GL
>    Andia, PC

I just tried this, out of curiosity.  I found that if you use this:

PT J
AU Costanzo, F
AU Gray, GL
AU Andia, PC
TI On the

isi2xml file.isi | xml2bib works correctly.

regards,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>