[OS X TeX] Endnote 8

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Dec 1 20:59:40 CET 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 5:05 AM, Mark Smith wrote:

>> Use BibDesk.
>
> Amen.

I took a look at BibDesk this afternoon (I haven't looked at it for
quite some time) and it is very nice app. Unfortunately for me, there
is one problem ... how do I get it to import references I obtain from
Web of Science? I use Web of Science A LOT and, as you might expect,
EndNote does this (almost) perfectly. I don't want to type everything
in and BibDesk doesn't recognize any of the formats with which one can
export from Web of Science. Am I missing something? The likely format
seems to be what Web of Science calls "Field Tagged", which looks like
this:

PT J
AU Costanzo, F
    Gray, GL
    Andia, PC
TI On the notion of average mechanical properties in MD simulation via
    homogenization
SO MODELLING AND SIMULATION IN MATERIALS SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
ID MOLECULAR-DYNAMICS; VARIATIONAL APPROACH; ELASTIC BEHAVIOUR;
COMPOSITES
AB This paper reviews the continuum notions of average mechanical
    properties such as stress and strain and the meaning of such notions
    when molecular dynamics (MD) is used to compute them. The focus of
this
    paper is a discussion of how boundary conditions are actually
enforced
    in MD and what corresponding notion of averages is therefore
    appropriate. Finally, we discuss the concepts as they relate to the
    Parrinello-Rahman approach as a specific example.
PD JUL
PY 2004
VL 12
IS 4
BP S333
EP S345
UT ISI:000222671000018
ER

Does anyone know if references such as these can be imported into
BibDesk?

All the best,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>