[OS X TeX] TeXShop 1.35a

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Tue Aug 31 06:17:41 CEST 2004

I don't know why, but 1.35a does not work for me.

(1) When I tried to typeset a file that was typesetting under 1.34, I
got a message

    !Missing control sequence inserted.
    <inserted text>
    \inaccessible
    l.12 ... by 1\relax }\emph {On} the Counter I.{5}

When I hit Enter, I got

    l.726 ^^I\chapter
                     [Money \emph{On} the Counter II]{Accounting for
    Money \emph...

So, I started a new file. I copied the preamble and some front matter.
Typeset OK.

I got to

    \chapter[Money \emph{On} the Counter I.]{Accounting for Money
    \emph{On} the Counter (I).}

And I got the above message again.

I hit either Trash Aux Files or Enter and then Typeset and it works. I
hit Typset again and I get the above message again.

Now it gets even stranger. I commented out the above line and I still
got the same behavior.

I did all of this three or four times and still got the same behavior.

I then did some more stuff that I can't remember and I got several times

    ! Undefined control sequence.
    \@PDFSYNC ...YNC at position }}\else \edef \argument
                                                      {{p\space \the
    \PDFSYNC at rd...
    l.406 ...ing! Undefined control sequence.
    \@PDFSYNC ...write \expandafter \PDFPOS \argument
                                                      \global \advance
    \PDFSYNC at ...
    l.406 ...ing for Money \emph{On} the Counter (I).}

    ?  for Money \emph{On} the Counter (I).}

    ?

 From old experience, I had only placed 1.34 in a folder "To Trash". I
named the new pdfsync NEWpdfsync and copied the old pdfsync and had no
problem typesetting the file with 1.34. I renamed the old pdfsync
OLDpdfsync and took out the NEW in NEWpdfsync and I got the same message
with 1.35a as before.

This is of course no tragedy since (so far) 1.34 continues to work fine.
Still, would anyone have any idea of what might be going on and what I
am likely to be doing wrong?

Regards
--schremmer

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>