[OS X TeX] Re: TeXniscope v0.2

Lukas Muehlethaler lukas.muehlethaler at yale.edu
Mon Aug 30 04:22:30 CEST 2004

On Aug 29, 2004, at 8:00 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> TeXniscope is exclusively for viewing output files: either PDF or DVI.
> Since Preview and TeXShop and so on all can view PDF, its main use is
> to view DVI files, as found for documentation in many areas of the TeX
> tree.

Also, TeXniscope has a nice implementation of scr-ltx which works out
of the box with (enhanced) carbon emacs. With C-c C-j you jump from a
spot in the source file to the corresponding page in the dvi file.
Command click on a spot in the dvi file brings the cursor to the
corresponding line in the source file. If you want to use the C-c C-j
command in emacs you need to correct a small glitch in txs-search.el.
This lisp script is located in the Resources directory of the
TeXniscope.app bundle. Replace the lines:

(defcustom txs-path "/Users/mgubi/Build/TeXniscope.app"
   "*Path to the TeXniscope application."
   :type '(choice (const "/Users/mgubi/Build/TeXniscope.app") file)
   :group 'txs-search)

with:

(defcustom txs-path "/Applications/TeXniscope.app"
   "*Path to the TeXniscope application."
   :type '(choice (const "/Applications/TeXniscope.app") file)
   :group 'txs-search)

(or point to wherever TeXniscope resides on your drive) save and follow
the installation guide from TeXniscope's help menu. Massimiliano
promised to include this "patch" in the next version of TeXniscope
which is to be released in a week or two.

Best,

Lukas

P.S. I read the list as a digest and not very diligently... Sorry if
this has been pointed out already.

Lukas Muehlethaler
Department of Near Eastern Languages & Civilizations
Yale University
New Haven, CT 06520

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>