[OS X TeX] emacs on panther

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Aug 26 21:24:59 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 02:47:17PM -0400, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a version of emacs (or xemacs) that works on panther
> (10.3).  I found a couple of pages with google, but
>
> 1. http://www.porkrind.org/emacs/ does not work on 10.3,
>
> 2. http://www.porkrind.org/emacs/ is a standalone program and I could not
> get emacsclient to work (maybe somebody could help with that?)
>
> 3. http://www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/mac-emacs/ seems to be really nice, but
> emacsclient is not working either.
>
> I think that my problem is that I only have emacsclient from fink and/or the
> version that came with panther, and they might not be compatible with the
> emacs above.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tamas

You can also try http://mindlube.com/products/emacs/index.html.

As to emacsclient: I don't think you need it. If you put an alias

alias emacs='open -a /Applications/Emacs.app'

in ~/.bash_profile then each command-line call of emacs will reuse
an already running Carbon emacs.

The main problem I have with this emacs is that the vertical scrollbar
behaves erratically.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>