[OS X TeX] TeXniscope v0.2

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Wed Aug 25 17:16:49 CEST 2004

On 24 Aug 2004, at 18:15, William F. Adams wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 24, 2004, at 12:10  PM, Laurent Nguyen-Ngoc wrote:
>
>> I read that v 0.2 of TeXniscope is not working for OS X 10.2, but I
>> assume v 0.1 should be? However if I just trry to open a DVI file in
>> TeXniscope v 0.1, the applications simply "quits unexpectedly" (or so
>> says my Mac). Any particular thing to do to make this work?
>
> I had the same experience when I tried 0.1 on Jaguar back when it
> first came out :(
>
> William

Unfortunately TeXniscope uses some PDF library which (to my knowledge)
are not available in 10.2.x (I cannot check this myself).
Therefore either versions (v0.1 & v0.2) of TeXniscope cannot work in
10.2.x.

The library I need come toghether with some header files located in:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/
CoreGraphics.framework/Headers/

it would be useful if some of you using 10.2.x can check for me if some
header files starting with CGPDF*.h (e.g. CGPDFDocument.h, CGPDFPage.h)
are available in this directory.

For what concerns incremental viewing a la TeXview.app (cited in a mail
from William F. Adams) if somebody can take some time to describe this
feature to me more carefully I would be interested in trying to
implement it. (I have a copy of the source code of TeXview.app but I
cannot compile it on the MacOSX and so I cannot try myself how it
works).

Thanks,
Massimiliano Gubinelli

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>