[OS X TeX] Re: Ticket 415, Automatic response creating havoc on OS X TeX list

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Aug 25 15:08:44 CEST 2004

Le 25 août 04, à 14:47, EDTHosting.com a écrit :

> Bruno,
> It looks as if our client had misconfigured their autoresponder file
> for this account. I have corrected the issue and the messages should
> stop.
>
> EDTHosting.com Help Desk

Many thanks for your very fast and efficient action. I had not
realized, at the time I posted my request, that you were access
provider for the account sending this autoresponder.

Your action has brought relief to the OS X TeX list, a community of
several hundred members, each of which was reached by about 2120 of
these autoresponses today. The problem was that all happened at
nightime in the US, before the list maintainer, Prof. Gary Gray, had
the opportunity to unsubscribe the "offender".

Many thanks from all of us list members,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>