[OS X TeX] New TeXShop macro: "Insert reference"

Josep M.Font pepf54 at tiscali.es
Fri Aug 20 23:43:46 CEST 2004

El 20 ago 2004, a las 21:29, Will Robertson escribió:

> This script is for inserting references. You won't need to ever
> remember a label name again! I suggest the key combo CMD+SHIFT+R. Hit
> the keys and click your reference - that's it. Read the blurb of the
> script for more info.
>
> Please try it out and let me know how you go. It it works, tell me and
> I'll be happy! If it doesn't, I can fix the problems. If all's well,
> I'll put it up on my site.

Great! It really will make life much easier for many people.

It worked as expected except for two things, where it "failed"
consistently:

- Before the list of real labels the script also presented as such some
lines of code from my preamble, like "\usepackage{pdfsync" and
"\def\quotedfrom ... [long]". ???

- When you highlight some text and then select the script (great
idea!), if it does not find any label containing the highlighted text,
then all what one gets is an "AppleScript Runner" error telling you
that TeXShop encountered a type 1 error. I hope there is a way of
poping up the proper message.

Anyway, thanks for this nice addition to your already useful collection!

JMaF

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>