[OS X TeX] aleph/eomega

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 10:21:46 CEST 2004

Le 18 août 04, à 05:28, Christopher Allen a écrit :

> Le 17 août 04, à 23:17, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :
>
>> does anybody know if Aleph is available for MacOS(X)?
>> There is no i-package, but maybe another way?
>
> OK, on page 36 of the "The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List" it says
> \aleph is available as a standard LaTeX2e command. I tried it out on a
> page that was using amstext, amsmath, and amssymb and it worked fine.
> I don't think it needs any of those three, but I didn't bother
> checking to make sure.
>
> Or is there something else you were asking about with the same name?

I think he's asking about another Aleph, which is an offspring of
Omega. Quoting a message from another list:

>>> Does anyone know about the current status of Omega?
>>
> There is now an offspring, triggered by users who wanted a stable
> version, called aleph (managed by giuseppe bilotta); one of the
> objectives is to have a stable i.e. working version and the project is
> heading that way. Aleph is a merge between etex and omega minus a few
> born-to-be-buggy things. Aleph will be on tex live.

You can find more at
<http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=aleph>. I'm not aware
of any OS X version. In a message "[OS X TeX] Aleph" on this list, on
14 May, Gerben answered, to a request about Aleph:

> On May 14, 2004, at 22:44, William F. Adams wrote:
>
>> Gerben,
>>
>> Have you had a chance to track this?
>
> I have seen it mentioned on texlive at tug.org
>
>> I believe it's being added (or been added to TeXLive), have you tried
>> compiling it?
>
> No, and given my schedule I am waiting for my compile bit until th
> edust has settled some more. After all, the new stuff doesn't even
> have a working pdfTeX yet, apart form requiring a massive
> reorganisaton of the texmf trees. The new TeX Live (and teTeX for that
> matter) require such  massive changes that I do not expect to be able
> to move them to i-Installer in a user friendly way until the summer.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>