[OS X TeX] OT: TeX for windows

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Mon Aug 16 16:18:28 CEST 2004

> That'd be TeXLive for the TeX distribution.
Great, maybe I'll even get the chance to introduce TeXLive 2004 at the
end of the course. I don't think anything newer than TL 2003 will be
available in october...

> not sure on the editor front-end (I use an ancient one, Dirk Stuve's
> WinTeXShell, 'cause it supports HWR on my pen slat).
> Worst case is tell 'em to use Notepad and rename things and run them
> from a DOS prompt.
Yes, I guess that's what I'll do. I will take a day (or maybe half a
day) to check out some editors next week and hopefully find an
alternative to Notepad (or Wordpad, as it is called in XP).

> One thing I've been playing with is setting up a totally portable
> environment running off of a USB flash drive using nothing but applets
> coded in TCL --- perhaps that'd work?
Does TCL work out of the box in windows or does it require an
installation first?

Stephan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>