[OS X TeX] Embedding fonts in PDF file

Greg Starr starr at unm.edu
Wed Aug 11 19:00:47 CEST 2004

Earlier this spring I queried this group about how to embed all fonts
in the PDF file; it's necessary for electronic submission of a paper.

I got many fairly arcane replies...I'm not at all a TeX wizard so they
weren't much help.

What I finally did was to convert all my PDF figures to EPS, run LaTeX
from the command line to generate a .dvi file, run "dvips -P pdf" to
generate a PS file (suggested by Omnipress, the publisher of the
conference proceedings), then ship that off to Adobe's "online PDF
generation" website for the final PDF.

Surely there's got to be an easier way!  By the way, the "simple"
suggestions (like print the PDF to a file) didn't include all the
fonts.

Thanks for any suggestions.

* Gregory P. Starr, Professor of Mechanical Engineering         *
* ASME Faculty Advisor, Region XII SSC Representative           *
* Department of Mechanical Engineering, MSC01 1150              *
* The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131           *
* (505) 277-6298 (ME)  (505) 272-7156 (MTTC)                    *
* starr at unm.edu                   http://www.me.unm.edu/~starr  *

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>