[OS X TeX] Publicon: a new technical publishing tool

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 11 17:01:03 CEST 2004

On 11 aug 2004, at 16:51, Herb Schulz wrote:

[snip]

> And the price of 149$US isn't awful; especially when compared to what
> Adobe
> wants of FrameMaker.

Yes in comparison it isn't that bad.
BTW: they want 219 euro (excluding VAT, tax, 19%) over here. That is a
whole lot more...

> I suspect it's a bit rough around the edges but hopefully Wolfram will
> smooth out those rough spots.

I hope the xml DTD's are free (as in speech), and that the methods of
creating
templates are documented. This could be the starting point of
scientific communication
in a graphical interface, pretty much in the way that LaTeX is used in
some fields today.

I won't hold my breath for it though.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>