[OS X TeX] OT-latex file management

Chris Goedde goedde at cascade.phy.depaul.edu
Wed Apr 28 22:29:39 CEST 2004

> > OT-latex file management
>
> > Only problem, I would have to maintain a couple hundred problems in
> > separate files.
>
> I haven't followed the whole discussion here, but extracting selected
> problems from the file containing the couple hundred problems may be
> workable -- i.e. separate each problem in the big file with
>
> %SomeSeparator
>
> and copy out only the wanted problems from the big file with a filter --

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but couldn't this be done more easily using TeX
itself, i.e.:

----
\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\newcommand{\ProbEasyIntegral}{%
Find the integral of $f(x)=x^2$ from $x=0$ to $x=10$.
}

\begin{document}

\begin{enumerate}

\item \ProbEasyIntegral

\end{enumerate}

\end{document}

----

All the problem definitions could live in one file, to be included. One
could get fancier and define a "Problem" environment (if using LaTeX),
which took as an argument the name of the problem to be included, I think.
I'd have to think about how to get TeX to do that.

--
Chris Goedde