[OS X TeX] extendible quotients

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Sun Apr 18 02:04:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would like to be able to typeset quotients - such as quotient
vector spaces or groups - that behave similarly to fractions, i.e.,
automatically extending, according to their parameters: e.g. the size
and position of the slash depends on what lies above and below. For
example,  I would like to represent a quotient of quotients, such as
$(S/R)/(T/R)$ with the middle slash being larger, and (S/R) lying
slightly above it, while (T/R) lies slightly below (the way one would
normally do it by hand).

Is there an effective way to achieve this? (Sorry for the OT post,
but there is so much knowledge on this list and I couldn't find info
on this)

TIA