[OS X TeX] .wav files in LaTeX

Ingo Reich ingo.reich at uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 15 10:20:46 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,
I'm preparing a presentation using the beamer class, and I'd like to
integrate some .wav files into this presentation. I think I was at
least partly succesful, but now I'm stuck. Here's what I've done by
now: (i) load the hyperref package, (ii) run "garage.wav" with the
following command \href{run:./garage.wav}{click here}. If I click on
"click here" a security warning appears. Confirming the message
launches iTunes, brings iTunes to the front, and plays the .wav file.
Now, does anybody know (i) how to suppress the warning message
(clicking on the "Do not show this message again" button only helps for
the current session), and (ii) how to tell iTunes (or another app) to
play the file without interrupting the presentation by being pushed to
the fore?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Ingo