[OS X TeX] tex4ht and natbib and pdf images

Wolf-Christian Eickhoff weickhoff at mac.com
Wed Apr 7 02:25:45 CEST 2004

I am working on my thesis and I am trying to convert it to a MS Word
editable format, because my reviewers want it that way. I read that the
preferred way would be to convert the latex (.tex-file) to html and
then open it with Word to save it in whatever format is desirable.

I am using Mac OS Panther and TexShop. I succeeded to use tex4ht to
produce html output of my thesis, either using the command line or
using the htlatexc scripts from Claus Gerhardt. However, what doesn't
show up are the literature references (I use natbib) and the images
(all of them are pdf). As far as I understood the images should be
converted to .gif. This does not happen.

I hope I did not miss something obvious, but maybe someone can tell me
what I have to do. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards, Wolf