[OS X TeX] Books?

ccr-mactex at creutzig.de ccr-mactex at creutzig.de
Wed Sep 4 17:12:46 CEST 2002

Andreas Gschwendtner <andreas_gschwendtner at yahoo.de> writes:

> If you want to go a little deeper, Kopka's book is excellent. If you

 Last time I checked (which admittedly is a while ago), Kopka still
recommended clumsy outdated packages like bm2font, manipulating
\textwidth et al. directly (horrors!) and even plain wrong
typography, such as using -- as a hyphen for combined German words.
Have recent editions really improved that much?

 What I can recommend for going deeper is the LaTeX Companion by
Goossens, Mittelbach, and Samarin, often referred to as the Bernard
Book because that dog is printed on the cover.  Oh, and for the real
hardcore stuff, The TeX Book is still the definite source.

--
    +--+
   +--+|
   |+-|+            Christopher Creutzig (ccr at mupad.de)
   +--+                     Tel.: 05251-60-5525