[OS X TeX] Jaguar -teXshop 1.20 behaviour

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Sep 4 20:35:37 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 10:53  AM, Alessandro Languasco
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> yesteday I installed Jaguar and upgraded TeXshop to its 1.2 version.
> I noticed that, using syntax colouring, TeXshop is very slow :
> I type a word and it appears on the display after 3/4 seconds.
>
> Did you noticed something similar or it's just a local (i.e. MINE)
> problem?

Yes, we are seeing the same thing here. I have been in touch with
Richard Koch on this issue. It occurs when there is a lot of syntax
coloring in a long, unbroken paragraph. It also appears to be
particularly bad in large files (it is just plain deadly on a 130K .tex
file I am working on).

Hopefully we will see a fix soon. Dick? :-)

-- Gary L. Gray