[OS X TeX] Text goes beyond column boundaries

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Mon Sep 30 06:29:52 CEST 2002

Being fairly newly to this, here is a puzzle beyond my knowledge. I am
just messing around learning how to use TeX and LaTex using teTex and
TeXShop. Using the Latex template, I added \twocolumns and a bunch of
text copied from another document. The first three paragraphs all have
lines than go beyond the column boundary. The paragraphs that don't
overflow the boundary look very nice, but I thought TeX was supposed to
control this stuff automatically. What am I missing here? I assume it's
something I don't know and not a TeX problem.

Thanks for your help.

BK