[OS X TeX] Re: Seminar package on OS X

Hemant K. Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Thu Oct 17 16:10:59 CEST 2002

Gus -

Here's where I stand on this ...

1. If I typeset using pdftex, I can get proper landscape mode

2. If I typeset using TeX+Ghostscript, the pdf appears in portrait mode,
but at least the whole page appears! It can then be rotated in an Acrobat
reader.

I recall earlier that the page was actually being set in landscape mode but
appeared physically as a portrait shape, so that the document was being
chopped off. I think at that time the problem was a call to dvips, as in
\usepackage[dvips]{hyperref} or some other call. These were fixed by
switching to
\usepackage{hyperref}

I recall other attempts to solving this problem: I used commands such as

\def\printlandscape{\special{landscape}}
\renewcommand{\printlandscape}{\special{landscape}}

but these didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried \pageheight and
\pdfpageheight but to no effect.

So I'm pretty much ok at this time, though if I want to use additional
layout features such as

\twoup or \documentclass[article]{seminar}

that still doesn't work out properly. (E.g., \twoup should put the sheet
back in portrait mode, since it places two landscapes on a single sheet.)

Hope this helps. I'm sure others on this list have more ideas.

- Hemant

--On Thursday, October 17, 2002 4:52 PM +1000 Gus Gollings