[OS X TeX] TeXshop --> Alpha

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Fri Oct 18 09:08:10 CEST 2002

Hi All

I sometimes have to open up documents created in TeXShop on another
computer using OS 9, in Alpha. The problem is the paragraph breaks.

Alpha presents me with two options " convert foo.tex from paragraph
format, no, yes." If I say yes, then I get something that that
resembles a block of undifferentiated text---and it won't compile. If I
say no then I get a single line of unwrapped text that extends
horizontally out of the window. But it compiles.

I can't see any preference in TeXShop that will make it comfortably
cohabit with Alpha, and if there is a preference in Alpha that will
make it better understand TeXShop's line and paragraph endings, then I
can't find that either.

Does anyone know what I have to do to Alpha to make this importing a
smoother business? Any assistance gratefully received. I'm using Alpha
7.4.2.

Adrian Heathcote