[OS X TeX] What is Copy and Paste in OS X?

Lee Phillips lphillip at lcp.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Oct 16 15:34:34 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 07:32:45PM -0700, Keith M. Chugg wrote:
> I started
> using Macs in the 80s b/c I could cut from one app and paste into
> another - what gives now?

In the pre-unix Mac days, what actually happened when you
cut-and-pasted graphics was dependent on the applications. With
some pairs of programs you could not get high resolution pictures
transferred this way, with some you could. I guess the situation
is basically the same now.

> This is related to an early post to this group in which I asked if
> anybody knew a *simple* way to get figures from my Textures-world
> (those that were generated with Superpaint or Kaliedagraph) into
> high-res pdf files.

Can you use the original programs to "print" the pictures to postscript?
If so, you're done. If the pictures are PICTs that are being included
by TeXtures, you can do this with any program that can read PICT. Why
can't you open the pictures with Preview and save as PDF?