[OS X TeX] Math font wierdness

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sun Oct 13 15:26:20 CEST 2002

This is a problem with the previewer, not with the pdf file. The bottom
of some symbols (integrals, large parentheses) appears truncated in the
TeXShop previewer, if these symbols extend beyond the visible part of
the page (a problem at high magnifications). If you scroll to bring the
full equation in view, the previewer does not fully refresh the page and
these symbols look like they are missing their bottom. To force the
previewer to refresh, scroll to the position you want, go one page back
(or forward), then return to the page you want. The symbols should look
fine. Or, decrease the magnification so that you see the full page. This
solution works in OS X 10.1.5. Still, the file prints correctly
regardless of how it looks on the screen.

T. Matsoukas