[OS X TeX] installing TeX-Fat.dmg

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Oct 27 06:42:51 CET 2002

>Hello,
>
>I just finished re-downloading TeX-Fat.dmg.
>
>Now, when I click onto the icon to install, (marked
>with Explorer) OS 9.2.2 boots up and Explorer searches
>for info on it.
>
>That's the extent of its function thus far.
>
>Would appreciate any help with this.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Tim

Hi Tim

Are you clicking on the TeX-Fat.dmg ?  If so the
OS has got confused and thinks its is an Explorer
document (classic Explorer by the look of it.)
It needs to be opened in Disk Copy.
Find Disk Copy in Applications/Utilities.  Drag and drop
TeX-Fat.dmg onto Disk Copy.  Hopefully it will mount it as a
volume and then you can run the installer inside that volume.

If that doesn't work try Control-Clicking with it and
hope there is a contextual menu saying Open with. Follow
that and try and track down Disk Copy.

If that doesn't do it do Command-I on it (Get Info in the Finder)
and select Disk Copy as the application to open it. Then
you should be able to double click it and have it launch disk copy.

Michael

PS It hasn't by any chance saved as TeX-Fat.dmg.1 has it ? It
needs to be a name ending in .dmg to have any hope of  being
opened by Disk Copy when you double click.

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt