[OS X TeX] ps2pdf13? (was TeXShop won't open ...)

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Thu Oct 10 15:25:46 CEST 2002

Le jeudi, 10 oct 2002, à 15:07 Europe/Paris, Gary L.Gray a écrit :

> Why use 13 instead of 12? Should this also be changed in the TeXShop
> settings? If so, is it simply a matter of changing the Distiller
> (ghostscript) path to
>
> /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf13
>
> or is there more to it than that? Does something also need to be
> changed in the TeX + dvips + distiller section?

It's related to a problem with misplaced accents (first found on this
list in the thread "[OS X TeX] Accent bug with times", and in another
thread afterwards), if you use the TeX + GhostScript route instead of
pdfTeX. The script ps2pdf calls ps2pdf12 by default, and then you have
this reported problem; if you call ps2pdf13 directly, the problem
disappears. That's what I observed at least in the reported case.

Bruno Voisin