[OS X TeX] Consistent Underline?

Jeff Collins vze22kt4 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 27 02:26:13 CEST 2002

This isn't specific to Mac, but I'm having trouble getting underlines to
be consistent. I'm trying to indicated tagged phrases in a piece of text
by underlining them.  The problem is, when the phrase contains a
descender (such a 'y'), the underline is lower than when the phrase does
not include a descender.  Is there a way to make this be consistent?

Example of problem: It was \underline{quoted in} the last paper
\underline{in order to be} subjoined...

thanks,
Jeff