[OS X TeX] installing .cls and .sty for all users

Stephan Hochhaus sh at mac-life.de
Sun Nov 24 12:29:11 CET 2002

Hi List!

What is the best path to install class and style files to? I am using
several Mac OS X.2 Macs that have different users each, and all should
be able to use all classes and styles. Will they be able to use the
files I install in the ~/Library/texmf folder when I am logged in as an
admin (not root) user?
Do I have to chmod the folders and files in order to be able to use
them? I remember reading about something like that, but cannot remember
where..

I hope this question is not too trivial, but I am really new to all
this terminal voodoo...

Stephan