[OS X TeX] Re: Full Screen PDF presentation?

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Nov 27 16:05:50 CET 2002

On Wednesday, Nov 27, 2002, at 15:27 Europe/Amsterdam, John B.Thoo
wrote:

>>> and installed PPower4 using Fink.
>>
>> Ppower4 is part of my TeX. It lives in /usr/local/teTeX/bin/ppower4.
>> The only thing is that it is not in the path by default, but that is
>> easy to remedy for people running amok with shells...
>
> But I don't think it's part of tetex-macosx that Fink installs
>
>   <http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/tetex-macosx>
>
> despite the fact that it is supposed to install your mods:

Fink at one stage decided to copy my strategy in compiling TeX and
turned that into a compile-from-source package. Note: this was last
updated in Summer 2001.

Fink later decided it was smarter to let people install my package and
use that from within Fink (they do that for my TeX and XFree86 as far
as I know, the rest they do themselves). That is system-tetex, I think.

I would dearly love it if Fink would not put my name on a very outdated
distribution *they* ship.