[OS X TeX] Landscape printing

Darrell Hoy hoyd at mssm.org
Thu Nov 14 20:59:49 CET 2002

Hello!
I'm having troubles with an attempt to typeset a two column document
under TeXShop. I can't seem to find a spot to tell TeXShop to view the
pdf in landscape. I'm using the landscape and the twocolumn document
class options, but when I LaTeX it, the viewer shows me a vertical
page, with the second column cut off about the middle, with the bottom
of the text falling about halfway down the page. Page Setup doesn't
seem to play with that. Any ideas?

Also-
I'm doing a lecture/presentation tomorrow night on Beginner's LaTeX,
over why folks should use it. I'm thinking of running over what it is,
the advantages, a bit on installation, and then go over some examples,
how to code simple things, hand out a few things I've done. I'm
thinking I'll go over, for rockin' features, the auto-table of
contents, the ease of mathematical formula typing, tables, and some
graphics. Any ideas/suggestions? If you happen to be in Northern Maine,
feel free to come, at the Maine School of Science and Mathematics, 6
PM, Friday.

Thanks,
Darrell Hoy