[OS X TeX] Gimp-Print and Ghostscript 7?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Nov 19 02:31:38 CET 2002

In order to regain some functionality with my HP printers, I have
installed the Gimp-Print drivers for Mac OS X. On the Gimp-Print web
site:

<http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3>,

it states that the package requires "ESP Ghostscript 7.05.5 for Mac OS
X".

My question is this: If I have Gerben's GS 7.05 distribution installed,
do I need to install the ESP Ghostscript mentioned on the Gimp-Print
web site? Will installing the ESP Ghostscript mess up Ghostscript for
my TeX installation? The reason I ask is because I am not entirely sure
that my Gimp-Print installation is correctly working with .ps files.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Thank you,

-- Gary