[OS X TeX] Making an Image Stay In Place

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Fri Nov 22 11:38:42 CET 2002

Greetings,

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> > Is there someway to wrap text around a graphic in LaTeX? ConTeXt does
> > that, but ConTeXt is more than I can handle on the daily basis right
> > now.
>
> the Companion mentions two packages "floatfig" and "wrapfig" for doing
> this, but they do not seem to exist anymore. In teTeX there is another

Wrapfig certainly still exists, on CTAN as
tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/other/misc/wrapfig.sty, though since
the style-file is entirely standalone -- distributed without separate
documentation -- it does look as if it's only there as part of a
larger package.

Wrapfig works rather well, in my experience.  It has a rather tricky
job to do, and it doesn't always get it exactly right, but if you
follow the advice on idiosyncracies in the documentation at the _end_
of the style file, you can get the effect you want more often than not.
Its author fairly regularly answers questions about it on comp.text.tex,
so it's still supported.

All the best,

Norman

Norman Gray                        http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/