[OS X TeX] TeXShop suggestions/questions

Nicola Cabibbo nicola.cabibbo at roma1.infn.it
Thu Nov 21 23:28:12 CET 2002

I would like to enter, even if lately, the $ coloring discussion.

Coloring of inter-$ material can be very valuable
when errors happen. Missing $ are for me the most frequent and
annoying sources of errors. They are annoying because I frequently
write paragraphs where math and normal text are frequently
alternated, and a missing $ may cause an error
at a location which can be quite a few lines removed from the
location of the missing $ itself.

On the other hand I really like the appearence of the TexShop
page as it is now, as it is very clean, and favours an undivided
attention to the content of the text.

I would thus like to be able to activate inter-$ coloring with a
switch-like device, perhaps a button, perhaps a keyboard action which
I would only use when an error arises. I other words one would have
two modes and the ability to alternate between them. This would be
more convenient than a preference setting.

An elegant solution would be to enable this colouring authomatically
with the "Go To Error" button of the console.

As a final suggestion, would it be possible to apply a special color
to inter-$ material, but still give the standard color to math commands
like \frac, etc?

    with many thanks for this beautiful and clean application!

	Nicola Cabibbo