[OS X TeX] TeXShop suggestions/questions

Andrew Farmer andfarm at thibs.menloschool.org
Wed Nov 20 18:47:41 CET 2002

At 20 November, 2002 Kahless wrote:
> Has anyone tried iTeXMac lately? I have been using TeXShop and agree
> that many of the suggested features would be great. I have recommended
> it to our majors as a very good intro LaTeX editor. However, I had to
> examine iTeXMac so that I could make an accurate comparison. iTeXMac
> has some of the features mentioned here. The user can customize the
> coloring of syntax, selected text, and background. It may be worth a
> look for some of you.

The problem is that iTeXMac's syntax coloring runs VERY slowly. I've
turned all custom formatting off just to make it bearable. The only
reason I still use it and not TeXShop is that iTeXMac allows the use of
an external PDF viewer (like Acrobat) instead of the buggy Cocoa
NSPDFImageRepresentation class.

--
Andrew Farmer
andfarm at thibs.menloschool.org